Marlena L. Del Hierro, MDiv, MA, LCMHC-A, LCAS-A
While I work with all types of folks, my emphasis in counseling is on working with people suffering from addiction, trauma, feeling stuck, or high-sensitivity. Sometimes the search for a solution is misdirected towards pathways that are self-destructive. However, addiction and other compulsive behaviors can be tools that urge you to make change and seek healthier choices, because the alternative is so painful.
I hold master’s degrees in counseling and divinity from Wake Forest University. I am trained in EMDR and tend to be solution-focused, drawing on elements of existentialism while maintaining a person-centered approach. I am bilingual in Spanish and grew up in a bi-cultural home. I’ve worked as a chaplain resident, former military civilian, returned Peace Corps Volunteer, and ex-nomad, while also being a writer and life-long lover of dance and the ocean.
I feel honored to join with you on your journey of transformation.
Marlena in the Media:
- VISTAS Counseling Journal: Integrating Interpersonal Social Rhythm Therapy and Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing in Treatment Planning for Bipolar Disorder by Marlena L. Del Hierro and Seth C.W. Hayden
- North Carolina Counseling Association Conference:
- Higher Power and Pills: Spirituality as an Alternative to Psychopharmacology with Dr. Shanita Brown and Dr. Tom Murray
- Bipolar II: Diagnostic Considerations and Evaluations of Treatments
- Wake Forest University School of Divinity, The Tablet: Third Year Spotlight
- Texas A&M Central Texas University, The Lookout, Vol. 1: Grace Covers