Marlena L. Del Hierro, MDiv, MA, LCMHC, LCAS-A
I am a staff counselor here at Full Life Counseling & Recovery who focuses on forward movement and wellbeing. I take a neuroscientific approach to counseling which means I use a set of therapeutic practices and evidence-based techniques that help you rewire your brain so that you can feel more free, confident, and peaceful.
Whether you’re struggling with a transition in life, or symptoms of anxiety, depression, low mood, fear, and past or current trauma, my approach involves restructuring your brain to feel more positive, optimistic, wise, connected, and efficient.
What I teach you can be used outside of session and is sustainable, because ultimately, you need to be able to take what you learn in our sessions and make it part of your life to enhance your life.
Also, some of the techniques I use such as EMDR and mindfulness visualization help make lasting, permanent changes in your brain. My approaches will help you get unstuck and move forward in your life.
If you’re located in NC, CO, TX, or FL please get in touch to make an appointment with me.
Marlena in the Media:
- Happy In The Mess Podcast on YouTube or wherever you listen to your podcasts. Join Marlena along with two other therapists and coaches Cheri Timko & Matthew Morgan for their regular podcast on spirituality, neurodivergence, dating, and relationships. Find episodes on Burnout, Post-traumatic Growth, & Emotional Availability among many others where you’ll find wisdom on how to be happy in life’s messes.
- Lifting the Veil Podcast – A platform for sincere seekers
- Spiritual Dating Expert Marlena Del Hierro
- Race For The Ring: The Not-So-Desperate Date
- Psych Central: Why Love is a Choice You Make Everyday
- Ask Men: How To Be Happy Single – And Why It Matters When It Comes To Finding Love
- aSweatLife: Why You Should Embrace Silence (and How to Do It)
- Newslanes: 7 Key Qualities To Look For In Dates
- UpJourney: 60+ Signs You’ve Found Your Soulmate