For Professional Referents
Thanks for thinking of Full Life to support your client/patient. Full Life strives to provide expert specialty care as part of a comprehensive aftercare plan for clients discharging from residential care, for clients trying to avoid residential care, and for those who are able to maintain emotional and chemical health while living in their own homes.
We are currently serving clients both in-person and virtually using our HIPAA-compliant Zoom licenses. Not all clinicians are seeing clients in-office, but our Client Services Representative can assist with determining which clinicians have availability and in what context.
Unfortunately, we are no longer providing sober living or IOP. Our Discovery Group is temporarily paused, and we are no longer accepting referrals for our Professionals Relapse Prevention Group. This means that the almost all of our current therapy is offered to individual adults and children, couples, and families rather than in a group context.
We are an out-of-network provider for all insurances except for those employeed by Atrium Wake Forest Baptist, Wake Forest University, UNC Hospitals, Atrium Health in other communities, and East Carolina University. We do not courtesy bill but we do provide superbills and instructions for self-claims filing.
We value our professional partnerships with residential programs, our outpatient colleagues, EAPs, and professional monitoring organizations. We have a strong referral network through the NC Professionals’ Health Program and the EAP for Atrium Wake Forest Baptist and Wake Forest University.
Collaboration is our “super power!” That simply means that we prioritize collaboration with each other and with other providers as one of the ways we provide exceptional care. Our Care Coordinator, Cristina Mounts, assists clinicians with making referrals, requesting and providing records (as authorized), setting up case review sessions with residential counselors, and assisting with aftercare planning for our clients preparing to leave residential treatment.
Although we do offer DWI Assessment Services, we do not provide ADETS/Prime for Life. We can provide short-term treatment for those who are required to receive 20+ hours of care but only via individual therapy.
Key Content Areas:
- Relapse Prevention – Model of care: Gorski-CENAPS
- Trauma – Models of Care: EMDR, brainspotting, equine-assisted psychotherapy, somatic experiencing
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder – Model of Care: ExRPT
- Chronic Pain Model of care: – CBT
- Children needing support regarding addiction and/or dysfunction in the household – Models of care: Play therapy, sand tray, crafts and puppets
- Grief – Model of care: Eclectic approaches
- Sexuality, Intimacy, Relationships – Model of care: ACECTT
- Family Communication Model of care: Satir Family Systems, Internal Family Systems
- Couples Communication & therapy needs: Model of care: Prepare, Enrich, some Gottman
To make a referral:
- Unless you know that your client has their MH benefits managed by CBHA, please verify in advance that your client has financial stability to be able to private pay for care while awaiting reimbursement from OON benefits (if any). We practice transparency with billing, and details of all fees are clearly reflected on our Fees & Insurance page.
- Review our clinicians’ profile pages to ascertain if there is a particular clinician that you know could be a great fit for your client. If you don’t have time for that or aren’t sure, when you call the office, communicate that. Charlie, Cristina or Beth can identify one or more clinicians who can meet your client’s needs.
- Note that we will strive to schedule your referral to meet with the selected clinician within 3-7 days of availability. The more advanced notice you give us, the greater the likelihood that we can see them very soon afer discharge, but please be aware that many of our clinicians have full caseloads and therefore cannot accept more clients.
- Call our main extension at 336-923-7426, ext 0 to find out from our admin team whether the service your are referring for or the clinician you are referring to has availability.
- If you have a release of information already signed, please fax it to 704-625-3617. If you can, please send your admissions summary, medication administration record (MAR), aftercare plan, and, if ready, a discharge summary. This request is primarily directed towards residential treatment providers.
- Try to have an email address for the person you are referring so our admin team can send them intake documents through our client portal.
- All intake paperwork MUST be completed before we can see your client, so please assist and encourage them to complete all intake documents, consents, etc. through https://full-life.clientsecure.me/ in advance.
- If you would like to convey more detailed information, you may request to speak with Care Coordinator, Cristina Mounts, to provide background information, concerns, and recommendations that may have been dismissed by your client and/or family. This can help us know what you had in mind, even if the discharge plan only reflects what the client could accept.
- If you are aware of specific needs for other members of the family to benefit from counseling, please share that information at the time of the initial referral.
- Please know that we are grateful for your trust in us to continue the work you have already begun with the client you are referring. It is our honor to help continue what you have begun and to walk kindly, honestly, knowledgably, and professionally with your client and those who love them.
Visit us at
983 Mar Don Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
Call us at