How do I know if I need counseling?
You may find it easier to determine if you need counseling by considering some of the circumstances, symptoms or indications that are common. Take a moment to see if any of these sounds familiar. Please note that this list is not comprehensive and does not necessarily mean that any one or more symptom on this list indicates a pathology or problem.
- Pressures at home, work, or school
- Feelings of intense fear or anxiety
- Self-esteem, body, and self-image issues
- Interpersonal challenges at work, school, or in close relationships
- Feelings of depression, discouragement, loneliness, and agitation
- Feeling lost, stuck, or confused about your life and future direction
- Feeling lost spiritually
- Conflicts with loved ones
- Coping with parenting
- Exposure to a traumatic or distressing event that interferes with enjoying life
- Experiencing loss, grief, or a life transition, such as a new job, move, or relationship change
- Decreased or increased appetite, restlessness, difficulty sleeping, muscle pain, or lack of energy