New Client Information
Forms to download, complete, and bring on your first visit
available to anyone from the community
Map to Our Office
983 Mar Don Drive
Winston-Salem, NC 27104
At Full Life, we know that there are many ways to help. Some are more time-consuming and more expensive than others.
Some healing comes through talk.
Some healing comes through movement.
Some healing comes through our experiences interacting with horses and other animals.
Some healing comes through being still and mindful.
Some healing comes by using our senses.
Some healing happens most easily in community with people to whom we can relate, share more easily, learn from and connect with between meetings.
Recovery, whether it is from addiction, trauma, a psychiatric condition, loss, or major life transition, is achieved by weaving together different experiences, in different contexts, with different people. One at a time, each one helps a little. But together, all the elements can come together to create a full life worth living.
Alternative Therapeutic Services
- Equine-Assisted Psychotherapy — Britta Starke, LCSW, LCAS worked with individuals and families to achieve healing and insight through magical work with horses. Interacting with these highly intuitive animals creates therapeutic experiences that do not require much (if any) dialogue or explanation. Full Life partners with Southern Cs Farm in Summerfield for equine-assisted psychotherapy for individuals, families and corporate teams. This work is appropriate for those with addiction, trauma, family dysfunction, abandonment and attachment issues, and for those seeking a better understanding of themselves and their hidden motivations. Full Life bills clients for Britta’s professional time (which may be covered by insurance), and the equine facility charges an additional per-session, program fee. Please consult with the equine facility owner for more information about program fees. All participants must complete specialized informed consent documents prior to participating.
- Breathwork — PRANA POWER, Conscious Breathing for Intentional Choices is a modality that engages the breath to stimulate and direct our energy, allowing us to gain mastery over our thoughts, words and actions. Taught in the private setting, clients learn a variety of practices to target specific individual needs so that one can choose how to respond to situations or triggers in real time, feeling in control and secure. Clients become intimate with what is so basic to all human beings yet which is quite unfamiliar to most of us. In learning to observe the breath and knowing it to be a barometer of our states of being – physical, emotional and mental. Prana Power teaches techniques to shift unwanted states of being into desired states of being quickly and at will. Always available to us is our peaceful nature, but getting there can be difficult unless one knows the tools for gaining access to our essential nature through breath technology. Sessions include instruction on relaxation techniques, home practice, and sealing in the effects of the breathwork by using mudras (positions held by the hands), affirmations, eye gaze and mental focus. Individual sessions are $85/hour.
- Private Yoga Sessions —Full Life offers private yoga sessions. Please note that this is not physical therapy or therapeutic yoga, however yoga can be restorative and healing to the body-mind-spirit. While every effort is made to keep the student safe, it is the responsibility of student to practice appropriate limitations and let the instructor know about these limitations. Individual sessions provide you with the opportunity to explore more deeply the poses, ask questions, and practice a sequence tailored to you specifically. Call to inquire for more information and to set up an appointment. 1-hour sessions are $60 an hour.
- Reiki — Reiki (pronounced RAY-key) is a Japanese healing art used for stress reduction and relaxation. Administered by “laying on hands” Reiki can promote healing. Many U.S. hospitals utilize reiki and it works in harmony with medical and psychological care.
What can be treated? Reiki is powerful, gentle, with no side effects. Reiki may decrease recovery from surgery, improve mental attitude, reduce unwanted side effects from medications, and may improve sleep, memory, self-confidence, energy-levels, and help heal emotional trauma. A single session with Rebecca Aydelette is $65 for 45 min-1 hour. If so desired and appropriate, time at the end will be reserved to discuss the session and process the experience. A 3-session package is $180 for a $15 discount.
- Aromatherapy — Rebecca Aydelette is a certified aromatherapist recognized by the New York Institute of Aromatic Studies offering individualized aromatherapy sessions. A 3 session package is $135/hr.
Why we offer these services:
Talk: In traditional individual and group counseling
Movement: In therapeutic yoga and sober fitness activities
Being Still: In meditation groups
Horses: In silent interaction with the most intuitive creatures on Earth
Deep Breaths: In therapeutic breathwork group and individual sessions
Moving Energy: In individual Reiki sessions
Using our Senses: In aromatherapy and creativity sessions
Connecting in Community: In Recovery Dharma, Parent-to-Parent, Caduceus or 12-step Meeting(s)
Meet Our Alternative Therapeutic Services Team
Marlena L. Del Hierro, MDiv, MA, LCMHC, LCAS-A
Have you read self-help books in an effort to change things in your life? Or maybe you’ve sought the counsel of people close to you but still struggle with finding a solution. Perhaps you haven’t consulted anyone or anything because you feel embarrassed or think you should be able to do it by yourself? If this sounds familiar, I invite you to work with me. I am a relational counselor and am open, warm, nonjudgmental, and guarantee laughter in sessions.
Rebecca Aydelette, Clinical Aromatherapist
Alternative healing modalities like aromatherapy and Soul Collage® have emerged as wonderful resources that I want to share with others to help them experience natural healing in new and creative ways. I am a certified aromatherapist recognized by the New York Institute of Aromatic Studies.
Meghan Prior, Therapeutic Breathwork Instructor
Nurturing a long love affair with the art and science of yoga, I’ve been a practitioner and teacher of yoga for over 20 years. My background as a former professional dancer richly informs my teaching as I integrate inﬂuences from the movement arts into my classes.
Britta Starke, MSW, LCSW, LCAS, CCS
Welcome to Full Life Counseling and to a journey for which I hope you find worth taking. My name is Britta Starke. I have had the pleasure of being in the behavioral health field for 25 years. I have worked with people of all ages from 6 – 80 years young. I have spent the last 13 years working with folks ages 14 and up.
The journey begins with you taking the first step, then a Full Life counselor walks with you – sometimes leading, sometimes following, sometimes beside you – but confidently with you on the journey.
About Our Practice
In addition to substance use and recovery-related services, Full Life offers counseling for issues as diverse as anxiety, depression, sexuality, spirituality, grief, life transitions, and marital and couples challenges. Clinicians use a variety of techniques to address these, including, but not limited to EMDR, hypnosis, and DBT. Other staff additions have allowed us to broaden our scope to provide care for those seeking a deeper spiritual life, healing and connections in the area of sexuality in recovery, chronic pain and trauma work.
Fees & Insurance
Clinical staff bill according to their credentials and experience using a tier system. Please review the Fee Schedule and/or Staff pages for more information. Some counselors’ services may be eligible for insurance reimbursement, while others’ services are not reimbursable. This information is also posted in the Full Life lobby.